Thursday, February 4, 2016

A Note About My Rankings

I know that 10 point scales are kind of ambiguous without reference so I wanted to show what I consider a five and a ten.

A 10 is obviously a film that I consider perfect. That goes for all aspects, acting (both main actors and supporting cast -- including minor characters and cameos), what issues it portrays and how it deals with them, how well the music fits with the picture, what the actors are saying, and of course how well it has stood up to time. For this last reason many classics do not have the potential to be a 10 for me, just because of how dated they are. I again emphasize that this is only my opinion and I realize that plenty of other people are much better qualified to rate the films I make jokes about.

martin sheen charlie sheen apocalypse now platoon hot shots part deux

With that said I'll try to give some examples of ratings.

10: Apocalypse Now
9: The Godfather, Part I
8: The Dark Knight
7: Ant-Man
6: Raising Arizona
5: This Is The End

'5' being an average film. Going below 5, it gets kind of murky. Films that I believe are below average quality I will probably try to go into greater detail on why I feel that way.

--Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment